I returned my Dell D630 to the EMC it staff and I bought a fantastic MacBook Pro with OSX 10.6.6. No problems for my Windows programs: I can run those on a VMware images.
Before that I used Documentum Composer on a Ubuntu 10.4 without any problem. I configured Documentum Composer on OSX 10.6.6: it works and it is fast! This is the … recipe:
- Download Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede) for Mac (here the link)
- Extract the tar file in your preferred path, let’s say /users/yuri/appz/myComposer
- Run Eclipse, then click Help ->Software Updates->Available Software->Ganymede->Uncategorized->EMF Validation Framework SDK xxx.
- After the update, Eclipse will restart automatically. Close Eclipse
- Download Documentum Composer 6.6 from Powerlink
- Extract the DCTM_Composer_R.6.6.zip on a temporary folder, let’s say /tmp/composer
- Copy all jars files and folders beginning with “com.emc.ide%” from the /tmp/composer/features and/tmp/composer/plugins into /users/yuri/appz/myComposer/dropins folder
I like perfection, so I love to see the correct splash screen during Composer startup. If you like perfection too, complete this optional step:
- copy the /tmp/composer/plugins/org.eclipse.platform_3.3.100.v200806172000/
Let me know your experience on that!